Benefits of the program include the following:
- Learn the role of the editor within the publishing process.
- Master techniques for marking up copy correctly for typesetting changes.
- Determine how to create and use style sheets for consistency over long documents.
- Practice the use of computer-processing software to edit documents.
- Discuss the requirements of substantive editing, while striving to maintain the author's voice.
- Work on becoming part of a job networking community.
For more information, check out the Graham School's Web page.