This coming Thursday (3 to 4pm eastern), one of my authors, Susan Britton Whitcomb, is offering a free teleconference to promote her latest book, 30-Day Job Promotion. In this teleconference, Susan will
- Reveal 10 characteristics of highly promotable people.
- List the organizational factors that will enhance or impede the likelihood of promotion.
- Share some common mistakes that individuals often make when going for a promotion.
- Illuminate the five A's to a powerful promotion plan.
- Offer a career model to determine one's promotability factor.
- Describe the "crucial conversations" with managers that are prerequisites to being promoted, including what and what not to say, when to say it, and how to follow up.
- Highlight some common roadblocks to promotion, such as being too valuable in one's current role, having a difficult relationship with one's current manager, and dealing with the organizational politics, along with strategies for how to manage these roadblocks.
So you're saying, what's the catch? Well, there isn't one, really. Susan just wants to get the word out about her book. Oh, and it's not a toll-free call. But seriously, Susan is such an amazing source of ideas on careers that I urge you to check it out. You can register here.