Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It Worked! Early Results of Our Amazon Bestseller Campaign

As you might remember, yesterday was our Amazon bestseller campaign for 30-Day Job Promotion. Again I held vigil on Amazon and TitleZ to watch how the sales ranking of this book was affected by the author's campaign to ask her friends and colleagues to all buy a copy of the book on the same day. And again I was amazed--it worked! Thanks to all of you for your help! Here's an excerpt from the author's thank-you note to her colleagues:

As I watched the ranking numbers for 30-Day Job Promotion move from
  • #105,005 last night to
  • #9,852 early this morning to
  • #289 at mid-day and now holding steady at
  • #228 as the MOST POPULAR AMAZON ITEM in the JOB HUNTING category
all I could think of was my favorite quote by Margaret Mead:
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Granted, #228 isn't the stratosphere as far as Amazon rankings go, but it's the best a JIST book has ever done. Even my jaded husband called it "decent." It will be a few days before I can tell how many actual book sales resulted from this effort, though.

And so the next question arises: What's the point? Will this actually help us sell more books in the long run? It's a question I intend to investigate, and I'll let you know what I learn.

No comments: