Thursday, March 12, 2009

Guess What? I'm Hiring!

I'm not kidding! I am looking for a new associate development editor to fill the position that was vacated last August. You can see the posting here.

I held off on hiring a new person last summer in light of year-end budget crunch issues. Since then I have been doing all acquisitions, development, copy editing, and production editing for two product lines (around 20 products a year). Needless to say, I feel like I am always behind, and my ability to think proactively and creatively has been severely hampered. I need someone to take over development on revised editions, and production editing on new titles. Since the job search book market is pretty hot right now, I think we can justify hiring someone.

Please don't contact me directly or send me your resume. I am required to funnel everyone through Monster.com. I am excited to see whether the bad job market might yield some superior editorial talent!

No comments: