Monday, January 28, 2008

"Ask Daphne" on Getting a Job in Children's Book Publishing

Brand-new literary agent Kate Schafer of kt literary blogs as Daphne Unfeasible, where she answers readers' questions about all things publishing. Kate was formerly a rights assistant in New York and shares her story of how she got into book publishing.

I can totally identify with her on the pseudonym front. When I was a toddler, I told my parents that my "stage name" was Daphne Morning Glory. Looking back, I think it must have been inspired by my favorite character on Scooby Doo, plus my favorite "flower" in the backyard.

2 comments:

AskDaphne said...

My name is Daphne too, and I have been thinking about writing but I also have been thinking about other jobs that I might be interested in. I just made a blogger called AskDaphne (kind of like your blog right here) just trying to help people with their problems.

-Daphne

sumit0007 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.