Monday, January 7, 2008

Editorial Anonymous: A Blog of a Children's Book Editor

I was very excited yesterday to discover the Editorial Anonymous blog. Fiction editing is something I know very little about but get asked about all the time. So now I have someplace to refer people.

Editors' blogs are surprisingly rare, as opposed to writers' "how to get published" blogs, which are everywhere. So that makes this blog even more valuable and interesting. And to top it off, she's a children's book editor. Imagine what her "slush pile" of unsolicited book proposals must look like. I mean, only a small fraction of people think they have a resume book in them, and my pile is bad enough. But who among us hasn't thought "Hey, I could write a children's book!"? I'm sure she sees some crazy stuff.

No comments: