It sounds like a wonderful experience--if your company has enough faith in your potential to pony up five grand plus travel expenses. There are sessions for both book and magazine topics, as well as joint sessions such as “Harnessing the Power of Social Applications,” “The Truth About Mobile Platforms,” and “Designing New Media.” The book-specific sessions are
- The Core Idea: How It's Discovered, Focused, Delivered
- Web-Based Marketing Tools & Techniques
- Managing Creative People
- What Makes a Good Book Cover
- Strategies for Increasing Profitability
- Will This Book Cross Borders?
- How Digital Production Changes the Game
- Five New Ways to Work with Amazon
- What You Can Learn From the P&L
- Bookless Libraries and Second Life
Add to that all the networking opportunities and the synergy that comes from having likeminded people all in one place, and it most certainly looks like it’s worth the time and money.