This particular internship program looks very interesting. You'll get the chance to learn about the research that goes into making publishing decisions, assist editors with projects in various subject areas, and, of course, get to make copies and distribute mail. Woo-hoo!
Here are the skills and qualifications that the posting requests:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- English or Communications major preferred, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Proofreading/editing experience and familiarity with Macs are pluses.
- Research skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Understanding of acquisitions and publishing process.
- Ability to identify the market for a book.
- Ability to position a title for a competitive advantage.