Friday, December 19, 2008

Hey, Look: I'm a Marketing Expert!

Check out the latest issue of Book Business magazine, in which I am quoted in this article full of tips for a successful book-marketing campaign launch using both high-tech and traditional methods. I'm thrilled to be quoted alongside marketing pros from National Geographic Books and Doubleday.

This feels a little surreal and ironic, because I've never officially been in a marketing role. But working at a small company and feeling ultimate responsibility for all of the books on my list, I've learned a lot by osmosis. Plus, I read a lot of blogs written by smart marketers.

Thanks to Mark Long for pointing me toward the article. I did the interview quite a while back and didn't know when to expect it. And happy upcoming birthday to the article's writer, Amanda Baltazar (which I know because Plaxo told me so!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The comments from you that they cited are all very astute. I have found that my radio and TV appearances have not generated sales the way that print and online citations have. I have also observed bloggers picking up on what I've written. And, perhaps most significant of all, the media attention received by 150 Best Recession-Proof Jobs helps to prove your point that the media respond best to negative material. In a way, it's sad, but that's the reality of press coverage.