Friday, April 10, 2009

20 Books for Freelancers

It's always been a popular aspiration--to have control of your own time and more variety in your work by becoming a freelancer. But these days, more and more editors and writers are finding themselves starting freelance careers as a means of survival after a layoff. And many of them will make rookie mistakes.

Freelance writer, proofreader, and blogger Steph Auteri calls herself a greedy consumer of how-to career books. She took a minute out from reading to share her list of the most influential books she's read on starting and optimizing a freelance career.

I'm ashamed to say that although I am aware of many of these books, I haven't read a single one of them. From this well-rounded list, I see at least a couple that I need to get my hands on (not the money-advice ones, though; nobody pinches a penny harder than I do).

No comments: