Friday, August 29, 2008

Do Me a Favor over the Long Weekend?


If you are out and about this weekend and happen to be near a Barnes & Noble, could you drop in and do me a favor? Could you look and see whether they have a copy (or two) of The PITA Principle on the shelves?

If they do, could you take note of which section it's stocked in--the Business section or the Careers section? It's supposed to be in the Business section, but I'm getting random reports of it being mis-shelved in some stores. Drop me a note in the comments section and let me know what you see (including which store you were at).

If they don't have it, be an angel and ask for it, would you? You don't have to buy it if they come up with a copy. Just look really interested until they walk away. Then you can put it back on the shelf (face out, right?).

Have a great weekend and try not to labor too much. Next week I'll have a review of Jack Lyon's new book, Microsoft Word for Publishing Professionals, which he so kindly sent me as my first official piece of blog schwag!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno about that MS Word book. There's apparently material on "Word for Typesetters." Can't take seriously anyone who talks about Word as a typesetting tool. It's not. Period. End of story. That's one book I'd advise people to stay away from, I'm sorry to say.

Lori Cates Hand said...

Hi Steve! I've really just flipped through it so far and hadn't noticed that yet. I'll take a close look, though. What I did see was some discussion on timesaving macros, so that's what I'm particularly interested in.

Mark Roy Long said...

I was at the Hasting's in Waco yesterday and saw that they had two copies of The Pita Principle on the shelf in the business section. I'll try to swing by our Barne's & Noble this week to see what's up there.

Mark

Lori Cates Hand said...

Thank you, Mark!

I've had a few people contact me privately to say that they did not see the book at their B&N.