Sunday, April 20, 2008

I Need a Vacation from My Vacation



We just got back home after midnight last night, and it feels like I was gone for six months. Internet access at our hotel was $40 a day, so we decided to skip it. So, sorry for the long absence.

It was overall a wonderful experience. But about halfway through the trip I contracted a devastating respiratory virus and felt miserable the whole time I was in Russia (that's me at left, just after crawling out of my sickbed and into the cold, wet air). Add to that the intense culture shock of this unbelievably foreign place, and let's just say I'm ready to stay home for a couple of years.

As the week unfolds and I get back into the groove, I'll share a few relevant stories (such as the London Book Fair and Jane Austen's house).

No comments: