Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We're Launching the Fall 2008 Trade List Today

Another season, another frontlist. Today we're officially rolling out 12 new titles that will be arriving in bookstores starting in September. This launch marks the official start of the sales and marketing cycle for these books. We'll have lunch and do presentations on each of them, showing their newly designed covers.

As always, the list is a nice mix of exciting new single titles, such as these:

New books added to existing series:

  • 150 Best Recession-Proof Jobs
  • The Career Coward’s Guide to Job Searching

And some new editions of better-selling books:

  • Top 100 Computer and Technical Careers, Fourth Edition
  • Next-Day Job Interview, Second Edition
  • Top 100 Careers Without a Four-Year Degree, Ninth Edition
  • 100 Fastest-Growing Careers, Tenth Edition
  • Best Jobs for the 21st Century, Fifth Edition
  • 200 Best Jobs for College Graduates, Fourth Edition
  • 200 Best Jobs Through Apprenticeships, Second Edition
  • Gallery of Best Resumes for People Without a Four-Year Degree, Fourth Edition

After having presented at these launches for six years now, I'm not nervous about it. I know my books well and my enthusiasm will be contagious. My only worry is whether my voice will give out or I'll lapse into another of the coughing fits that have plagued me this past week.

No comments: