What an honor! Loyal reader Katharine O'Moore-Klopf of EditorMom has given me the Excellent Blogger Award. Being still somewhat wet behind the ears as a blogger, I'm not sure of the origin of this award. And some random Googling was no help. What I can gather is that once you've been given it, you have to give it to 10 other bloggers. So here are my nominees:
- The career experts at CareerHub always have excellent and useful things to say.
- Penelope Trunk at The Brazen Careerist is just plain insane. But she's a fun and provocative read, and there but for the grace of god go I.
- Shawn Graham at the Courting Your Career blog is an excellent writer with great advice. He also blogs for Fast Company.
- The Rejecter is a literary agent who blogs with advice for aspiring novelists. Love that snark!
- Krisan Matthews is doing a fantastic job with her Publishing Curve blog.
- Our friends at TSTC Publishing's Book Business Blog always have good information and lively writing.
- HR Wench quit her job and is looking for another. It's fun to read what an HR person experiences on the other side of the table.
- Evil HR Lady is in the same vein but seems to focus more on answering reader employment dilemmas.
- Recruiting Bloggers is a very active place with the headhunter's POV (and it's not always PC).
- I'm still enjoying the "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. Who knew there was so much poor punctuation in the world? I've sent her my own entry and am waiting for it to possibly show up there.
The only reason I didn't include Joe Wikert on this list is that Katharine already gave him the award, too. But his is the first blog I read every day, and it's always a source of inspiration and awe.
Now, if I was a good blogger, I'd e-mail all these people and let them know.