Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Guide to Literary Agents Editor's Blog

The Publishing Careers blog is about many things. One thing it is not really about, however, is how to get your novel published. I don't know much about that. But a lot of other people do, so I leave that to them. But I know there are some of you who have written books in addition to your other publishing pursuits. I've found an awesome resource for you.

It's the Guide to Literary Agents blog. It's written primarily by Chuck Sambuchino, editor of the Guide to Literary Agents book from F+W Publications in Cincinnati. Chuck updates this blog frequently and does extensive interviews with agents. If I were trying to publish a novel, I'd read this blog every day. (I just might do that anyway!)

There are two other significant things to note about the existence of this blog. For one, what an amazing promotional tool it is for that book! And second, it gives you a pretty good idea what Chuck's job as an editor for F+W is like. For example, he does extensive touring and speaking to promote the book. It's not too common for an editor to do that, but this is a book without an "author," per se. So he fills that role nicely.

No comments: