Thursday, March 20, 2008

Someone Trying Desperately to Get Out of Publishing

For a change of pace, I thought I'd call your attention today to a blog entry from "Blondie" in Nebraska (or Iowa, or Chicago--it's unclear). She wrote this candid confession of how she's leaving her publishing job and trying to find something similar but different. (Wouldn't she just die if she found out that her innermost thoughts came to complete strangers in a Google Alert? I always feel a little guilty when I run across something like this.)

Not having read the rest of her blog (which doesn't seem to usually mention her career), I'm not sure of the whole story. But it looks like a major educational publisher came in and bought her company and turned it upside-down. Typical, huh?

Here's wishing her the best of luck in her search.

2 comments:

Blondie said...

Hola! Not dying, just fascinated by google reader...never seen it. Might try it. I'm not trying to get out of the industry per se, there just isn't a plethora of publishing in Omaha, as you might imagine. :) Hopefully, someone will let me telecommute.

Lori Cates Hand said...

Oh hi, Blondie! Thanks for dropping by. I have been checking your blog for updates on your search. Please keep us posted. I hear you about the dearth of publishing jobs in the Midwest. That's one of my missions here--to dig out those opportunities and let people know about them.

Good luck!