Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Anatomy Book Is Printed!


Yesterday I had a lovely lunch with friends Linda Seifert and Caroline Roop. Caroline was here visiting from Boston and we hadn't seen her in four years. As a surprise, Linda brought along a copy of her husband's new book, which I helped him "Idiotize." The Complete Idiot's Guide to Anatomy Illustrated will be published officially on July 1.
Generally, because I've seen it happen hundreds--maybe thousands--of times, I'm pretty jaded about a new book coming off the press. I'll flip through it quickly and then go back to what I was doing. But this book was the focus of our extracurricular lives for close to a year. I couldn't believe it was actually done and I was holding it in my hands. And it looks awesome!
Congratulations to Mark Seifert, professor of anatomy at IU School of Medicine. You've written a work of art that will help students better understand the amazing human body. I know I learned a ton from it!

1 comment:

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

You've sold me! I just preordered a copy from Amazon.com. I figure that it can help me, the medical editor in the family, and my family members, all of whom are interested to some extent in science.